The Beast

The Beast

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Now What?

So sitting around in the RV in the front of our house has worn a bit thin, although still quite cool mind you...  I decided that the prudent thing to do was to get the thing checked out by a mechanic.  On the way to the shop, I did remember to try out the air horn which had me laughing hysterically each time I honked it.  Memories of riding down the road as a kid on the way to family vacations giving the honk signal to truckers kept coming to mind.   I am sure the local residents felt equally as thrilled as I was.  I think it may be time to shop for a cool musical horn now as well....  My daughter of course was thrilled with this idea, at least I think that was what the eye roll signified.

Not to be daunted by the RV mechanical woes, we of course press on and continue shopping for all manner of "essential" gear.  3 hours and several stores later, we now have a plethora of collapsible Kitchen gadgets, organizers, tupperware, small travel ironing board and iron, vacuum cleaner, egg poacher... you name it!   I think the national economy will recover just based on our support of the RV Dealers, shops, and the local stores.  Mind you, we still don't have an RV to put this stuff in, so for now it is all stacked proudly in the middle of the living room floor!

I must say that I find this camping thing to be great fun so far!

1 comment:

  1. Great adventures and precious memories are just
    around the corner.
    Try not to buy to much stuff right now. Take a couple of short trips and you'll figure out what you want and need. We've found that just about everything you'll need you already have in your home and if not WalMart has the rest a lot cheaper than your local RV dealer. Keep in mind that WalMart has RV supplies like waste chemicals, toilet paper, sewer hoses and fittings, cleaning supplies and more in the automotive / camping section.
    Drive slow,
    JohnF
    FMCA Member
    2008 Bounder-Diesel 38F

    ReplyDelete