The Beast

The Beast

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

The Verdict

So the problem with the Beast has been resolved although not without some comedy of it's own.  I took it to Wholesale Repair in Marion Iowa.  Fantastic place if you ever need some work done, I highly recommend them and they handle semi trucks so any size RV is not a problem.

The problem was due to a bad alternator, so several hundred dollars later we are back on the road to gather more material for what has become my therapy.  They were very surprised that we were able to make it home from Chicago as we were running solely on batteries evidently...  Beginners luck? or maybe nervous energy works as a type of alternator?  hmmm....  I may be able to test this theory the first time I let Mary drive.

The comedic part of the situation is that evidently the mechanic could not get the door to unlock to enter the coach.  To gain entry they had to climb a ladder and maneuver through the drivers side window which I had fortunately left unlocked.  I sure wish I had been there to take pictures of that...

On the way home from the shop, we did pull into a church parking lot and played camper by leveling the rig and putting out the slide... Stayed just long enough to make the people inside worry we were settling in for the night....

Which brings me to wonder if there is a patron saint of RV's?  I should check....

1 comment: