The Beast

The Beast

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Preparing

Well the dealer came through and reimbursed me for the alternator.  I am very happy with them and will make an effort to return to shop with them in the future.  Camping World out of Waukonda IL.  I highly recommend them.  Excellent service department as well.  Jon Murphy was our Sales guy so ask for him if you go there and tell him I recommended him.

We have all the "stuff" ready to organize in "The Beast" and just need the weather to warm up a bit.  I think our first foray will be to a state park 30 minutes from home...  I know... kind of a wimpy distance but hey if it goes like our trip home did it will still take us 2 hours to get there.  We have a 17 hour trip planned for this summer so I need as much practice as possible between now and then....

Check List:
RV for Dummy's read - Check!
Idiots Guide to RV'ing read -- Check!
Woodall's RV Owners Handbook ready for reference -- Check!
Camping Grill -- Check
Propane tanks filled -- Check
Sewer hose - Check
Rubber Gloves - Check
Water Hose - Check...
Power adapters - Check
Backing up practice --- nah... I'll wing it...

Still looking for some type of portable fence for the dogs.  I think I like the one at Pet Smart.

Ready to hit the road!

No comments:

Post a Comment